Contact Us

Military and Overseas Citizens

Military And Overseas Voter Empowerment Act (MOVE)

Only the following Voters qualify under this act: Active Uniformed Service members and their spouse and dependents, Merchant Marines stationed in the United States or overseas, and civilians residing or temporarily overseas.

In 2009, the Move Act was signed into law affording all active uniformed service, spouse, dependents, and merchant marines, stationed inside or outside the United States, and civilians residing or temporarily located overseas, the option of requesting an “electronic” absentee ballot to be emailed or faxed to a voter. The voter must submit an FPCA (Federal Post Card Application) to the Clerk in the jurisdiction of their permanent residence, requesting ballots for the calendar year, January 1 – December 31, and must be filled out in its entirety. The application is effective for that calendar year only. Download the FPCA Voter Registration Form.

Back to top