Voter Registration Deadlines; If you are new to the area or will be turning 18 before the August or November election dates, you should Register to Vote – Michigan Voter Registration Application.
- You can also register at any Secretary of State Office or the Sylvan Township offices.
- Once registered, you do not have to register again unless you move. If you move you must change your address before the registration deadline.
Michigan Voter Information Center - Use this link to check your registration, find your polling place, see your sample ballot, and more!
2020 Presidential Election Information November 3, 2020
Application for an absentee ballot here: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/AbsentVoterBallot_105377_7.pdf
View sample ballot or track your absentee ballot here: https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/Voter/Index
Absentee ballots will be available the week of September 21, perhaps sooner.
Overseas civilians and military residents may request a MOVE ballot, which can be emailed, printed, voted and returned via mail to the Clerk’s Office. Contact Township Clerk Kathleen Kennedy at email@example.com or visit https://www.fvap.gov/
Monday, October 19 is the last day to register to vote in any manner other than in-person with the Township Clerk for the November election.
Friday, October 30 is last day to request an absentee ballot be sent via First Class mail.
Saturday, October 31 Clerk Office hours 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Clerk’s Office is open for election matters.
- 2:00 p.m. deadline for voters to submit a written request to spoil their ballot and receive a new one by mail.
Monday, November 2-Clerk Office hours 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Electors may obtain an absentee ballot in person in the Township Clerk’s office.
- 4:00 p.m. is the deadline for voters to submit a written request in person to spoil their absentee ballot and receive a new one in the Clerk’s office.
Tuesday, November 3, 2020 Election Day
- Polls are open 7:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Absentee ballots may be returned up until 8:00 p.m.