Contact Us

Building and Zoning Information

Zoning Department

Carol Konieczki, Zoning Supervisor

Rafiq Uddin, Zoning & Permit Technician

Starting the Process

If you intend to build an addition, a home, or other structure, the first step will be to contact our Zoning Department. They will take a preliminary view of your plans and tell you how your project will need to conform to the Township's zoning ordinances. They will also inform you of other possible steps that will be necessary to complete your project.

Some of these steps may include:

Filling out the Zoning Compliance - General Application Form AND an Application Form that coincides with your parcel's Zoning District (ex. AG = Agriculture)

Obtaining permits and inspections through Chelsea Area Construction Agency.

Requesting a variance from the Zoning Board of Appeals.

Getting a driveway or a well permit from Washtenaw County.